- 2009: "Annual Budget of Canada" renamed "Canada's Economic Action Plan"
- 2010: Tony Clement's Slush Fund renamed "G8/G20 Expenses"
- 2010: The War in Afghanistan renamed "A training mission in Afghanistan"
- 2011: "Government of Canada" renamed "Harper Government"
- 2011: The word "royal" reinstalled in the names of Canadian military
- ????: Stephen Harper's riding of Calgary Southwest renamed
- ????: Ottawa renamed
- ????: Parliament renamed
- ????: Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms renamed
- ????: Canada renamed
Follow new updates daily on Twitter:
Monday, August 15, 2011
The dubious achievement of renaming things
Stephen Harper and his party seem to have a real urge to rename objects and organizations, place labels and signs on things, and do all of this in the name of Canada. Looking back at their previous "achievements" on this front of "work", it's possible to predict/guess what they will turn their name-calling or name-changing efforts to further: