Follow new updates daily on Twitter:

Monday, March 28, 2011

Edmonton-Leduc NDP campaign diary, Day 3

Have half an hour before the team starts assembling for our first meeting during the actual campaign (we've had numerous meetings since nomination, of course). The day so far has been quite good:
  • I made a brief statement and answered several questions at a public forum held at the University of Alberta. Thanks to the organizers and to Rachel Notley for inviting me and for this opportunity to address the questions of students. I'm also grateful to several people tweeting at the event and to Aditya Rao for even putting a picture online while I was still talking: http://ow.ly/i/9FuI . I was teaching a class within an hour of the event's start time and so had to leave early, but this was certainly a great experience.
  • As I returned, I discovered messages about a media opportunity, two donations and several new volunteers waiting for me.
  • The team meeting starting shortly will deal with volunteer direction to work more than actual volunteer recruitment for the first time. We have a number of really dedicated people anxious to get into battle and they will have every opportunity of doing so immediately!
  • Of course, the campaign still needs your support. Signs and ads and leaflets are not cheap - if you can donate, please either write a cheque to "Edmonton-Leduc NDP" and mail it to 14719-51 Ave NW Edmonton AB T6H 5E6 or go to this link https://secure.ndp.ca/riding/index.php?riding=48014&language=e to donate online with a credit card. Volunteers are needed as well! Please contact me for details.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I greatly appreciate your comments!